Clay Francell is a First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Trainer and offers an extensive background in Safety and Training, with special expertise in navigating how Non-Profit Organizations are managed. With nearly four decades of experience developing safety programs for multiple industries, including water recreation, aviation entertainment, and oil field related applications, his goal is to go “above and beyond” so that every person is prepared for their assigned task.
Education and development play important roles in making sure employees and volunteers are aware of what is expected of them when it comes to performing daily work requirements or job descriptions, as well as handling customer satisfaction and company policy. Clay’s background in education and training has crossed industries from elementary and high-school classrooms to safety training employees working with chemicals and heavy equipment in the oil field. Combining his passion for aviation and history, Clay both volunteered for and worked for the Commemorative Air Force’s annual large-scale event, AIRSHO, when it was based in Midland, Texas by training volunteers, developing and maintaining Emergency Action Plans, and working as the liaison for all community departments involved.
Working with volunteer-based organizations for over 45 years, Clay has developed a keen ability to decipher committee communications and re-focus a non-profit’s needs and wants. His experience includes:
- Board Member – The Old Sheriffs Museum – Fort Davis, Texas (current)
- Unit Leader – AIRSHO Support Detachment-Public Safety Corps, Medical Corps – Texas
- Director of Education – American Airpower Heritage Museum – Midland, Texas
- AIRSHO Director – Commemorative Air Force – Midland, Texas
- President and Founding Member – West Texas Celt Fest – Midland/Odessa, Texas
- Established 501(c)(3) for West Texas Celt Fest
- Managing Director/Technical Director – Globe of the Great Southwest Theatre – Odessa, Texas
- Safety Specialist/Chair – American Red Cross – West Texas Territory
- Board Member, American Red Cross – Odessa, Texas
- Chairman of Disaster Preparedness and Planning – American Red Cross – Odessa, Texas
- Board President of West-Side YMCA – Odessa, TX